Wed, Aug 17|
Shaggy Jack's Artisan Food & Goods
SeaCuterie Board Workshop
Discover the fascinating world of Conserva culture and craft an awe-inspiring SeaCuterie board that'll wow even your fanciest foodie friends!
Time & Location
Aug 17, 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Shaggy Jack's Artisan Food & Goods, 1058 Gibsons Way #203, Gibsons, BC V0N 1V7, Canada
About the event
SeaCuterie, the luscious siren sister to the charcuterie board, is a hot new option to bring to any table. But did you know, these savoury sea snacks are also packed with some rich history?!
This hands-on workshop will give you the skills to create a luscious array of smoked, cured, and tinned seafood, discover distinctive flavour pairings and the art of assembling the perfect sea snack board for parties. Bonus? You’ll learn a ton of fascinating fish facts ideal for changing the topic of any conversation you want to get out of at those parties!
In this 2-hour workshop, you’ll learn:
- A 101 on the intriguing history of preserved fish (it's a rabbit hole!)
- Learn about preservation styles including smoked, tinned, salted, pickling, etc.
- The resurgence in popularity of Conserva (aka tinned fish) culture
- Demonstration of placement and display techniques
- Pairing suggestions
- Tips to create a majestic SeaCuterie with more show for less dough
- Enjoy two complimentary glasses of vino while you assemble your own luxurious SeaCuterie box to take home or enjoy at the event
- Includes 3 seafood choices, 3 spreads/cheeses, artisan crackers, pickled items, herbs, and garnishes
This is a fish/seafood workshop. If you have a seafood allergy it is not recommended to attend.
This is a seated workshop during lesson and standing during practice.
Individual : $100/CAD
Duo Deal : $170/CAD - SAVE 15% Off when you book as a pair!